Suits Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship

All divorces/annulments (with or without children) and all suits affecting the parent-child relationship must be reported through the clerk of the court to The Texas Vital Statistics Unit.

Consolidated reporting by petitioners, attorneys, and the courts is designed to make mandatory reporting more efficient, timely, and improve the quality of reporting. However, this reporting system is only as good or timely as you make it; therefore, your attention in completing and filing this report is critical.

VS-165 Information on Suit Affecting The Family Relationship (Excluding Adoptions)

Download VS-165 in PDF format (91K)

***The VS-165 Form Must be Printed Double-Sided (One Sheet not Two)***

For information regarding child custody or child support contact the Office of Attorney General*

 Court of Continuing Jurisdiction

For information on the court of continuing jurisdiction (CCJ) of a child, contact the CCJ Registry at 888-963-7111 ext. 2529. Inquiries should be submitted using form number VS-168, which is the Inquiry On Court of Continuing Jurisdiction For a Child form.  

Click here for information on viewing files.

*External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Texas Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to persons with disabilities.


Last updated January 17, 2018