August 26, 2008
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) is sponsoring several radon training courses and exams in Dallas in September. The classes offer participants the opportunity to become certified as a radon measurement or mitigation specialist.
Dates, sessions and costs are:
- Sept. 3, Radon Resistant New Construction and Moisture Control seminar for builders, $20;
- Sept. 3-5, Radon Measurement, $125 for Texas resident, $200 for non-Texas resident;
- Sept. 5, Radon Measurement Exam, $125;
- Sept. 8-12, Radon Mitigation Training, $250 for Texas resident, $350 for non-Texas resident;
- Sept. 12, Radon Mitigation Exam, $125.
The Southern Regional Radon Training Center at Auburn University will conduct the training. All sessions will be held at the Holiday Inn Select North Dallas, 2645 LBJ Freeway, Dallas. More information is available by calling the DSHS Environmental Hazards Group at (512) 834-6773, ext. 2428, or online at www.dshs.state.tx.us/radiation/radon.shtm .
( News Media: For more information, contact Emily Palmer, DSHS Assistant Press Officer, 512-458-7400.)