Sign up to receive announcements by email about important activities regarding the Health Facility Program. This feature will serve as a tool to increase communication with license holders regarding new information added to the website.
The Health Facility Program has the overall goal to monitor health care delivery by regulated health care facilities to assure high quality care to the people of Texas.
To protect, promote, and enhance the health, well-being, and productivity of all Texans through:
- The gathering of data and development of information regarding the quality and effectiveness of health care services provided through providers and suppliers licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS);
- The conducting of fair, impartial, and objective surveys and investigations of health care providers and suppliers;
- The promotion of quality improvement in the provision and supply of health care;
- The provision of accurate and timely information regarding the state of health care within the State to policy-makers, stake-holders, and other interested parties;
- The documentation of evidence for enforcement actions to protect the health and safety of Texans;
- The collaboration, coordination, and integration of efforts between the myriad State and Federal agencies and organizations involved in the licensure, certification, accreditation, and oversight of health care providers and suppliers to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources possible; and
- The open, ethical, responsive, and accountable conduct of business to promote trust in government throughout the State and Federal governments.
The term "health care facility" applies to all health care provider organizations regulated by the Facility Licensing Group within the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our Mailing Address
Texas Department of State Health Services
Facility Licensing Group (MC 2835)
PO Box 149347
Austin, Texas 78714-9347
Zone Office Information
Zone County List 56KB 1 pg
Zone Map 82KB 1 pg
Zone Address List 21KB 1 pg
This site provides links directing you to outside sources of information. These links will take you away from the Health Facility Program Web site and are provided as a service. These links do not necessarily imply any official endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data, or products presented at locations provided through the links on the Health Facility Program Web site. Health Facility cannot guarantee the validity of the information provided at links to other sites.