Grant writing resources are available from the Funding Information Center. See FIC Books and FIC Videos.
Grants and Proposal Writing Workshop with Michelle Malizia, April 15, 2014
Additional presentation handouts:
Presenter contact information:
- Elaine McHard, DSHS Funds Coordination and Management Branch, 512-776-6646, email@example.com
- Doug Jumper, DSHS Funding Information Center, 512-776-7684, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Malizia, Associate Director, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, South Central Region, 713-799-7880, email@example.com
All About (NIH) Grants Tutorials
This webpage by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases helps National Institutes of Health investigators plan and write grant applications and manage their awards. See also Common Mistakes in NIH Applications by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke; Quick Guide for Grant Applications by the National Cancer Institute; Grants, the Basics by the National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases; and Tips for New NIH Grant Applicants by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences.
The following links are to general information about submitting National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant applications, either in response to a research solicitation or for investigator-initiated studies.
* Grant Writing Tips Sheets -- http://grants1.nih.gov/grants/grant_tips.htm
* NIH Office of Extramural Research -- http://grants.nih.gov/grants/oer.htm
* Resources for New Investigators -- http://grants.nih.gov/grants/new_investigators/index.htm
Association of Fundraising Professionals
Best known trade group for fundraisers and grantwriters offers a strong resource site.
Foundation Center Online Tutorials
Several different tutorials are offered including the basics of developing a project budget and a proposal writing short course.
Free training on writing inquiry letters and full proposals.
Disclaimer: External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to persons with disabilities.