Center for Health Statistics
The Portal for Comprehensive Health Data in Texas
A major new report quantifying significant disease trends in Texas has been released. The Health Status of Texas 2011 estimates the disease burden across major population groups and describes trends over time that impact efforts to protect the health of millions of Texans. (PDF 4.3MB, June 2013)
||MONAHRQ® is a tool that analyzes, summarizes, and presents healthcare information in a ready-to-use format for consumers and other decision makers on:
- Quality of care at the hospital level;
- Health care utilization at the hospital level;
- Preventable hospitalizations at the area level;
- Rates of conditions and procedures at the area level; and
- Estimated costs and cost-savings related to the quality of care.
||In January 2013, the Department of State Health Services launched Texas Health Indicators, an online collection of data displays exploring priority health trends in Texas over the last decade. This initiative directly addresses two of the ten essential public health services:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems, and
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
|Supported in part by funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support under the Prevention and Public Health Fund 2012: National Public Health Improvement Initiative (NPHII).